Bosnia and Herzegovina–Croatia North Interconnector Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bosnia and Herzegovina–Croatia North Interconnector Gas Pipeline (Interkonekcija Hr/BiH (Slobodnica - Brod (BiH) - Zenica (BiH) is a proposed gas pipeline consisting of Brod-Zenica Gas Pipeline and Slobodnica-Bosanski Brod Gas Pipeline running between Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The pipeline runs from Slavonski Brod (Slobodnica) in Croatia to Bosanski Brod in Bosnia and Herzegovina and extends further south to the city of Zenica.
- Operator: BH-Gas d.o.o., Plinacro Ltd
- Owner: BH-Gas d.o.o., Plinacro Ltd
- Parent: BH-Gas d.o.o., Plinacro Ltd
- Current capacity:
- Length: 145.1 km / 90.16096 miles
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2026
- Brod-Zenica: 2025
- Slobodnica-Bosanski Brod: 2025
- Cost: €94 million (US$107 million)
- Associated Infrastructure:
- ENTSOG 2020 TYNDP Code:
- PECI code: Gas_01
The European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas project codes for the Bosnia and Herzegovina–Croatia North Interconnector Gas Pipeline are TRA-N-224 (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and TRA-N-66 (Croatia).
The environmental impact assessment for the Slobodnica-Bosanski Brod section, which would cross the Sava river, has expired and will have to be conducted again. According to documentation from the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas, the start of construction on the six kilometre section has been postponed until 2020.
As of September 3, 2021, Energy-Community expects the feasibility assessment, environmental impact assessment and design studies for the Bosnia and Herzegovina (Brod-Zenica) by 2023 and Croatia (Slobodnica-Bosanski Brod) by 2024. Energy-Community likewise expects construction and commissioning for both segments to be completed in 2026. As of 2020, Plinacro also expected Slobodnica-Bosanski Brod to begin construction and be commissioned by 2026.
Articles and resources
- ENTSOG TYNDP 2020 - Annex A - Projects Tables, accessed Nov. 29, 2021
- energy community. "List of Gas Projects" (PDF). energy-community.org. Retrieved August 14, 2020.
- Plinacro (2020). "Desetogodišnji plan razvoja plinskog transportnog sustava Republike Hrvatske 2021. - 2030" (PDF). plinacro.hr. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- "MAPA GASOVODA – Bh-Gas". www.bh-gas.ba. Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (July 10, 2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Details" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Eastern Europe Natural Gas Partnership (May 26, 2021). "Catalog of Potential Eastern European Natural Gas Investment Projects in Support of the Three Seas Initiative" (PDF). United States Energy Association. Archived (PDF) from the original on August 12, 2021. Retrieved September 7, 2021.
- Energy Community. "Gas_01 / Interconnection Pipeline Bosnia and Herzegovina-Croatia". Energy Community. Archived from the original on September 3, 2021. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Arar, Ivica (2020). "Desetogodišnji plan razvoja PTS 2021-2030" (PDF). plinacro. Retrieved September 30, 2021.