Bosnia and Herzegovina–Croatia South Interconnection Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Bosnia and Herzegovina–Croatia South Interconnection Gas Pipeline is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The pipeline runs from Split, Croatia through Zagvozd, Croatia to Travnik, Bosnia and Herzegovina, with a 46-km spur to Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovnia. The exact route can be seen on p.2 of BH-Gas's October 2019 presentation to the CESEC Gas Plenary Meeting.
- Operator: BH-GAS, Plinacro Ltd
- Parent Company:
- Proposed capacity: 1.5 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 184 km / 114 mi
- Diameter: 20 inches
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2024
In July 2019 the project was approved by the Directorate-General for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations. Mott MacDonald began design work in November 2019 and hopes to complete it by Q3 2020. The pipeline's route is partially redundant with the proposed Ionian Adriatic Gas Pipeline. The pipeline will provide an alternative gas source for Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is almost entirely dependent on Russia for gas.
In February 2020 Bosnia's gas firm BH-Gas selected a contractor to undertake a feasibility study and an environmental impact assessment for the proposed pipeline to Croatia. A consortium led by Croatia's Dvocut-Ecro was awarded a contract worth US$500,000 for this work, which is being covered by a grant from the United States Agency for International Development with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development overseeing how the grant is spent.
Articles and resources
- EU Approves Preparation of Documentation for New Bosnia-Croatia Gas Pipeline, Total Croatia News, Jul. 18, 2019
- SOUTHERN INTERCONNECTION CROATIA BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, BH-GAS, Oct. 8, 2019
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (2020). "TYNDP - Annex A - Projects Tables RPJ007_NS_2020 - entsog". ENTSOG. Retrieved September 16, 2020.
- Mott MacDonald-led tie-up launches design works on Croatia-Bosnia gas link - BH-Gas, SeeNews, Nov. 4, 2019
- Iskra Pavlova, Croatia's Dvocut-Ecro-led tie-in wins feasibility study deal for Croatia-Bosnia gas link project - BH-Gas, SeeNews, Feb. 20, 2020