Braemar 3&4 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Braemar 3&4 power station was a proposed 1,020-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Queensland, Australia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Braemar, the state of Queensland, Australia, next to the existing Braemar Power Station 1 and 2.
The original plans expected commissioning for Braemar 3 to occur around 2015, and Braemar 4 to follow. As of November 2021 the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be canceled.
- Sponsor: ERM Power Ltd.
- Parent company: ERM Power Ltd.
- Location: Kogan, the state of Queensland, Australia
- Coordinates: -27.1108, 150.9055 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (canceled): 1,020 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-2: 260 MW per unit (no start-up date)
- Gas turbine unit: 500 MW (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- ERM Power Limited Annual Report 2011, ERM website, accessed Nov 2019.
- Braemar Power Station, Wikipedia, accessed Nov 2019
- "Western Downs Regional Council Major Projects. Braemer 1 Power Station". Western Downs Regional Council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)