Braunschweig Mitte power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Braunschweig Mitte power station, in the state of Niedersachsen, Germany, has 173 megawatts (MW) of generating capacity (78 MW coal-fired and 95 MW gas-fired).
The map below shows the location of the power station in Braunschweig, the state of Niedersachsen, Germany.
The site has housed a coal-plant since 1924, although the currently operating unit is one that was refurbished and commissioned in 1984. A combined heat-and-power (CHP) gas-fired turbine was commissioned at the same location in 2010, as part of Germany's attempts to phase out coal by 2030.
- Sponsor: Braunschweiger Versorgungs-AG & Co. KG
- Parent company: Veolia Environnement SA
- Location: Braunschweig, the state of Niedersachsen, Germany
- Coordinates: 52.2786, 10.5147 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 173 MW
Articles and Resources
- "Heizkraftwerk Braunschweig-Mitte". Bloges. Retrieved Apr 28th, 2022. Check date values in:
- Kraftwerksliste, ID BNA0135 Bundesnetzagentur (German Federal Network Agency), version from August 2019
- Kraftwerksliste, ID BNA0136 Bundesnetzagentur (German Federal Network Agency), version from August 2019
- BS|ENERGYVeolia, accessed February 3, 2020