Bumi Barito Mineral coal mine
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
The Bumi Barito Mineral coal mine (BBM) is a proposed opencast mine located 60 kilometers northwest of the town of Puruk Cahu, Indonesia.
The mine is listed under construction as of 2016 with a propsed expansion to 6 million tons per annum. The expansion is presumed operational, although production has not yet hit those targets.
The map below shows the approximate location of BBM, near Tumbang Tuan, Sumber Barito, Murung Raya Regency, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia.
According to the project's feasibility study, there is a total of 261 metric tons (Mt) of coal resources of at BBM, comprised of 10.5Mt measured, 13.5Mt indicated and 237Mt inferred resources. The resources were estimated to be 90 percent coking coal and 10 percent pulverised coal injection.
"The low ash coking coal will be produced from shallow opencut mining extraction using trucks and shovels," according to Cokal's website. "The coal will travel ~700 kilometers down the Barito River using river barging techniques."
- Owner: Bumi Barito Mineral
- Parent company: 60% Cokal Limited (previously known as Altera Resources Ltd) and 40% Indonesian Government
- Location: Rumintin, Tumbang Tuan, Sumber Barito, Murung Raya Regency, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: -0.370821, 114.067904
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year:’
- Mineable reserves: 20.2 million tonnes
- Coal type: bituminous
- Mine size: 19,920 hectares
- Mine type: Surface
- Production: 2.62 million tons per annum
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Wood Mackenzie Bumi Barito Mineral coal mine asset report, September 29, 2019
- Alexander Ginting (Publisher), Robert Sihotang (Project Leader), Reiner Simanjuntak, Johannes Simbolon, Tyasno Hery, Rudi Simangunsong, Adianto Simamora, Godang Sitompul, Romel S., Yuda Prihatna, Abdul Karim, lpunk AF [Paper Copy, Indonesian Coal Book 2016/2017] Petromindo.Com, May 2016 Release
- The Bumi Barito Mineral Project Organizational site, accessed Dec. 13, 2019
- Cokal completes feasility study of its Bumi Barito Mineral coal project Rambu Energy, Feb 21, 2014
- Bumi Barito Mineral Data Mining Atlas, accessed Dec 13, 2019