Bunguro-Listvyansky 2-4 coal mine
The Bunguro-Listvyansky 2-4 coal mine is a proposed coal mine in the Kuibyshevsky district in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the proposed mine, near the town of Listvyagi, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia. (While Listvyagi is in Novokuznetsk City, the mine site is in Novokuznetsky District.)
The coal company, Energia-NK, will be mining the Bungurskoye deposit. The development of these reserves for stage I of the mine is underway.
As of January 2020, hearings on environmental impact assessments (EIA) were being held in two settlements of the Novokuznetsk region.
Residents of Kuzbass have organized against the proposed coal mine. They are concerned about its proximity to a nearby cemetery. Environmentalists are also against the construction of a new road for the coal mine.
- Sponsor: Energia-NK
- Parent Company: MelTEK
- Location: near Listvyagi, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.648403, 86.955242 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 1 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 47.3 million tons
- Coal type: Metallurgical coal of grade T
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: opencast
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Участок «Бунгуро-Листвянский 2-4», Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- "Near Novokuznetsk, a new coal mine may appear next to the cemetery," "Vash Gorod," January 14, 2020.
- "MelTEK plans to produce 3.6 million tons of coal in 2018," "Kommersant," January 25, 2018.
- "What is known about coal miners who intend to open a new mine near Novokuznetsk," "NK-TV," January 21, 2020.