From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of coal plants|
The satellite photo below shows the location of the former plant, which was demolished in 2016.
- Owner: FirstEnergy Generation Corp.
- Parent Company: FirstEnergy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 541 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 63 MW (1944), 63 MW (1947), 103 MW (1950), 156 MW (1955), 156 MW (1955)
- Location: 57246 Ferry Landing Rd., Shadyside, OH 43947
- GPS Coordinates: 39.9090972, -80.7613639 (exact)
- Status: Retired
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 2,038,037 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- "FirstEnergy Completes Demolition of R.E. Burger Power Station," FirstEnergy press release, July 28, 2016
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.