Buronga power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Buronga power station was a proposed 120-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of New South Wales, Australia.
As of November 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Mildura, the state of New South Wales, Australia.
A 2008 report from the Australian Energy Markets Commission said that this power station was in "the late stages of approval".
- Sponsor: GDF Suez Australian Energy Ltd.
- Parent company: Engie
- Location: Mildura, the state of New South Wales, Australia
- Coordinates: -34.2080, 142.1246 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 120-150 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-3: 40-50 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources