Buuruljuut power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Mongolia and coal|
Buuruljuut power station is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Dundgovi Province, Mongolia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the plant, 120 km from Ulaanbaatar in Dundgovi Province’s Bayanjargalan soum.
On May 31, 2016, the Mongolia Minister of Energy signed an investment and electricity sales and purchase agreement for the Buuruljuut mine and 2 x 300 MW power station, allowing construction to begin immediately. The project will be built in Bayanjargalan soum by Bodi International Group and Power China Resources. The estimated cost is one billion USD. Unit 1 is planned for 2019 and unit 2 for 2022.
The power station is not mentioned among the planned power projects in the 2016-2020 Economic Recovery Program of Mongolia, which was approved by Parliament in November 2016.
In April 2018 it was reported that Bodi International LLC signed a USD$450 million agreement on the Buuruljuut Thermal Power Plant project with the China State Construction Engineering company, as part of the Mongolia-China Business Forum held in Beijing on April 11, 2018. The bankable feasibility study was completed in 2018.
In December 2018 it was reported that Bodi International LLC signed a US$566 million agreement with Sinosteel for a 2 x 150 MW coal plant at Buuruljuut. China Merchants Construction and Development Group plans to invest US$330 million in the coal plant. Plans also include a coal mine.
In December 2019, China Energy Construction North China Institute and Sinosteel Equipment Co., Ltd. signed an engineering survey service contract for the project.
- Sponsor: Tsetsens Mining & Energy
- Parent company: Bodi International Group
- Location: Bayanjargalan district, Dundgovi Province, Mongolia
- Coordinates: 45.756667, 107.993056 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 300 MW (Units 1&2: 150 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type: Brown coal
- Coal Source: Buuruljuut mine
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Khaliun Chimeddorj, "Buuruljuut mine and power plant investment agreement signed," UB Post, June 3, 2016
- "The Economic Recovery Program of Mongolia 2016-2020," Dec 16, 2016
- "Mongolian and Chinese businesses sign 36 deals," Montsame, Apr 12, 2018
- "Bankable Feasibility Study on First Stage 300 MW Power Plant at Buuruljuut," Tsetsens Mining & Energy LLC, 2018
- "集团快讯】中商联合建设开发集团与蒙古国宝迪集团签约合作," CBU Group, 2018-12-25
- "中国能建华北院签订蒙古国布罗巨特2×150兆瓦煤电项目工程勘察服务合同," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/12/25