Buzurgan-Fao Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Buzurgan-Fao Oil Pipeline is an operating oil pipeline, running from Buzurgan oilfield to Halfaya and onward to the tanks reservoir at al-Fao terminal, Iraq.
The pipeline runs from Buzurgan oilfield, Maysan governorate, to Fao terminal, Basra governorate, Iraq.
The Buzurgan-Fao oil pipeline was completed in 2014, replacing the 28-inch, 261-kilometre-long pipeline running from Buzurgan to Al-Fao. which did not have the capacity to handle the planned production increases in the province by 2017. Buzurgan-Fao Oil Pipeline has a capacity of 1 million barrels per day, and was built by China National Petroleum Corporation. In October 2020 ownership of the pipeline was transferred from CNPC to PipeChina.
- Operator: Missan Oil Company, China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering
- Owner: South Oil Company(SOC) known as Basra Oil Company(BOC), China National Petroleum Corporation
- Parent Company: China National Petroleum Corporation, South Oil Company (SOC)
- Diameter: 42 inches
- Capacity: 1,000,000 barrels per day
- Length: 272 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2014
- Cost: $500 million 
- Associated infrastructure:
Articles and resources
- Editor (2013-08-05). "Ribbon Cut on new Bazurgan-Halfaya-Fao Pipeline | Iraq Business News". Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- "Iraq studying new Missan oil export pipeline". MEED. 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- Table 6.9: Main crude oil pipelines in OPEC members, 2016, OPEC Annual Statistical Bulletin 2017, pp. 87-94.
- Ribbon Cut on new Bazurgan-Halfaya-Fao Pipeline, Iraq Business News, 5 Aug. 2013.
- "CNPC unveils Maysan crude oil pipeline in southern Iraq | Oil and Gas Technology". oilandgastechnology.net. Retrieved 2022-03-10.
- 重磅：国家管网正式运营！, dy.163.com, Oct. 9, 2020
- "Iraq studying new Missan oil export pipeline". MEED. 2013-01-29. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- AL-JABIRI, JASSIM (2017-04-05). "After restructuring, South Oil Company is renamed". Iraq Oil Report. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- Mehdi, Ahmed (2018). "Iraqi Oil: industry evolution and short and medium-term prospects" (PDF). Oxford Institute for Energy Studies. line feed character in
|title=at position 44 (help)
- "شركة صينية تباشر بمد خط نفطي من ميسان إلى الفاو". www.albayan.ae (in العربية). Retrieved 2022-03-10.