CCC Norte-III power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Partido Iglesias - Ciudad Juarez, the state of Chihuahua, Mexico.
- Sponsor: Abeinsa Juárez N-III, S. A. de C. V.
- Parent company: Macquarie Group (45.5%), InfraRed (35.5%), Invex (10%), Techint Engineering (9%)
- Location: Partido Iglesias - Ciudad Juarez, the state of Chihuahua, Mexico
- Coordinates: 31.6762, -106.4176 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 924 MW
The project was awarded a bridge loan on which it ultimately defaulted when the parent company Abengoa struggled financially and underwent an insolvency process in Spain. Accordingly, the project was suspended as restructuring or potential sales were considered. Carl Marks Advisors (CMA) determined the sale of Norte III would maximize value and moved forward with the process. A joint bid from Macquarie Group and Techint Engineering & Construction was chosen as the most viable path for Norte III to reach commercial operations in 2017. In March 2018, Macquarie Group sold 45.5% of their total equity interest in Norte III to InfraRed (35.5%) and Invex (10%).
In June 2020, construction of the Norte III combined cycle power plant by Techint Engineering & Construction-Macquarie Capital consortium was completed and commercial operations had begun.
Articles and Resources
- "38 CCC Norte III". Grupo Norte Energia. Retrieved August 21, 2020.
- "TABLA DE PERMISOS DE GENERACIÓN E IMPORTACIÓN DE ENERGÍA ELÉCTRICA ADMINISTRADOS AL 30 DE ABRIL DE 2018" (PDF). Observatorio del Ecosistema de Innovación de las Energías Limpias. April 30, 2018.
- "Norte III Combined-Cycle Power Plant - NS Energy". www.nsenergybusiness.com. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- Norte III Combined Cycle Power Plant, Chihuahua, Power Technology, accessed November 2019.
- "Two-Pronged Sale Process for Power Plant Project – Carl Marks Advisors". www.carlmarksadvisors.com. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Macquarie Capital sells 45.5% stake in power plant under construction in Ciudad Juarez - MEXICONOW". MEXICONOW. 2018-03-20. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Norte III launches commercial operations". Retrieved 2021-06-23.