CCU Harrison Strip
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
CCU Harrison Strip is a surface mine in Harrison county, Ohio.
The map below shows the location of Harrison county, Ohio where the mine is situated.
The mine started production in 1998, and was operated from then until 2019 by Oxford Mining Company, a subsidiary of Westmoreland Resources Partners.After Westmoreland declared bankruptcy in 2018, its Ohio assets were acquired by CCU Coal and Construction LLC, which has operated and owned the mine since then.
In 2020, the mine produced 0.2 million tons, and had 23 employees.
- MSHA id: 3304414
- Operator: CCU Coal and Construction LLC
- Owner: Charles C Ungurean
- Location: Harrison, Ohio
- Coordinates: 40.271122, -81.073783 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 193,861 tons (2020)
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1998
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- U.S. department of labor, MSHA, Mine Data Retrieval System, accessed June 23, 2021
- Westmoreland Resource Partners, LP (2015) 2014 Form 10-K . U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Report.
- "Westmoreland Sells Ohio Assets to CCU Coal and Construction". Coal Age. February 7, 2019. Retrieved June 26, 2021.