CEEC Chongzuo power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CEEC Chongzuo power station (中能建崇左发电项目) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows Qvjiu Town, the planned site for the plant in Chongzuo Prefecture.
Background on Project
The draft EIA for the plant was released in June 2021. According to the updated project schedule, the power plant is scheduled to start construction in July 2021. Unit No. 1 is planned to be put into operation in July 2023, and Unit No. 2 in December 2023.
Construction reportedly began in April 2022.
- Sponsor: China Energy Engineering Group Planning & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: China Energy Engineering Corporation
- Location: Qvjiu Town, Fusui County, Chongzuo Prefecture, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 22.501602, 107.546024 (approximate)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: