CKI Lamma power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CKI Lamma power station (香港電燈南丫發電廠) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, on Lamma Island, in Islands District, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Background on Plant
Units 1 & 2 of 250 MW each were retired in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
- Sponsor: HK Electric
- Parent company: Power Assets Holdings, Cheung Kong Infrastructure, CK Hutchison Holdings
- Location: Lamma Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
- Coordinates: 22.2188909, 114.1082183 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Unit 3: 250 MW; Units 4-8: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 1982-84 (Units 1-3); 1987-88 (Units 4 & 5); 1992-97 (Units 6-8)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: