CNOOC Coal Gasification Transmission Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
CNOOC Coal Gasification Transmission Pipeline 中海油蒙西煤制气外输管道, also known as the CNOOC Mengxi Coal-to-Gas Export Pipeline (Hangjinqi-Huanghua), is a pipeline under construction in China that will transport gas derived from coal.
The pipeline runs from Hanggin, Ordos, Inner Mongolia to Huanghua, Cangzhou, Hebei, China.
- Operator: CNOOC Ordos Energy Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Parent company: PipeChina
- Capacity: 20 billion cubic meters per year
- Length: 1279 kilometers (major line 1022 kilometers)
- Status: Construction
- Start year: 2021
Note the pipeline's start year was originally expected to be 2020, but as of August 2021 this was not true.
The pipeline's sources are the Shanxi Datong Coal Gasification Facility, Xinmeng Energy Ordos Coal Gasification Facility, Hebei Construction & Investment Group Coal Gasification Facility, Beijing Enterprises Clean Energy Group Coal Gasification Facility, and Tianjin Gasification Facility. The pipeline contains one major line, one branch line, and one connecting line.
In October 2020, ownership of the pipeline was transferred from CNOOC to PipeChina.
Articles and resources
- 蒙西煤制天然气外输管道项目变更环境影响报告书 Ministry of Ecology and Environment, June 2018
- 我国天然气管网又添“大动脉” 蒙西管道项目—期工程开工建设, People's Daily Online, Apr. 13, 2021, accessed Aug. 23, 2021.
- Zhang Lei 中海油蒙西煤制天然气管道一期工程将进入建设新阶段 中国煤炭资源网, Aug. 23, 2019, accessed Aug. 23, 2021.
- 重磅: 国家管网正式运营!, dy.163.com, Oct. 9, 2020, accessed Aug. 23, 2021.