CPI Baiyinhua power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CPI Baiyinhua power station (国家电投内蒙能源白音华坑口电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Baiyinhua Town, the approximate location where the plant would be built in West Ujumqin Banner, Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
CPI is a proposed 2 x 660 MW coal-fired power station in the Xilingol coal base, to support the ultra-high voltage transmission line (UHL) from Xilingol to Taizhou, Jiangsu. The UHL Transmission line was approved by China's NDRC in December 2015.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
On March 17, 2016, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released the Coal Bubble Alert System, dubbed the ‘traffic light’ system, to crack down on the growing coal power overcapacity crisis. Inner Mongolia was deemed a "red light" region, meaning no new coal projects should be permitted. Therefore any further developments at the power station appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2019: Project revived
In September 2019 it was reported that an EIA had been submitted for the project.
2020: Permit received and construction begins
The project received a permit to begin construction in March 2020.
Construction began in August 2020.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: SPIC Nei Mongol Power Co, Ltd
- Parent company: State Power Investment Corporation
- Location: Baiyinhua Town, West Ujumqin Banner, Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.804701, 118.513627(exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古锡盟西乌旗构建多元发展多极支撑现代产业体系," 内蒙古之窗, 2017-04-14
- "2×660MW！国家电投白音华坑口电厂环评信息公示," 西乌珠穆沁旗人民政府, 2019/9/27
- "国家电投2×66万千瓦超超临界燃煤机组项目获得核准," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/3/5
- "白音华坑口电厂2×66万千瓦超超临界机组正式开工建设," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/7/13
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.