CPP Western power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
CPP Western power station was a proposed 200-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Delta State, Nigeria.
As of December 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria.
A reference to this project goes back to 2006. Additional information is lacking.
- Sponsor: Shell Petroleum Dev Co
- Parent company: Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- Location: Warri, Delta State, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 5.5544, 5.7932 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 200 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-4: 50 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Christophe de Gouvello, Felix B. Dayo, and Massamba Thioye, Low-carbon Energy Projects for Development in Sub-Saharan Africa (2008), Table A3.1-2, World Bank website, accessed Dec 9, 2019