CPV Three Rivers energy center
|Part of the |
Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
CPV Three Rivers energy center is a power station under construction in Morris, Grundy, Illinois, United States.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|CPV Three Rivers energy center||Morris, Grundy, Illinois, United States||41.3722, -88.2844 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit GEN1: 41.37222, -88.28444
- Unit GEN2: 41.37222, -88.28444
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||CHP||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit GEN1||construction||gas||650 MW||combined cycle||no||-||-|
|Unit GEN2||construction||gas||650 MW||combined cycle||no||-||-|
CHP is an abbreviation for Combined Heat and Power. It is a technology that produces electricity and thermal energy at high efficiencies. Coal units track this information in the Captive Use section when known.
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit GEN1||CPV Three Rivers LLC||Competitive Power Ventures Inc|
|Unit GEN2||CPV Three Rivers LLC||Competitive Power Ventures Inc|
Articles and Resources
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (November 2022)". Archived from the original on January 22, 2023. Retrieved December 23, 2022.
- EIA 23
- "chicagoconstructionnews.com/kiewit-power-generation-to-start-work-on-1-3-billion-three-rivers-energy-center-in-grundy-county/". Archived from the original on September 17, 2021.
- "www.cpv.com/our-projects/cpv-three-rivers/about/". Archived from the original on September 17, 2021.
- "U.S. Energy Information Administration, Preliminary Monthly Electric Generator Inventory (July 2021)". Archived from the original on November 22, 2021. Retrieved October 13, 2021.
- "CPV Three Rivers Energy Center - Competitive Power Ventures". December 15, 2021. Archived from the original on May 19, 2022. Retrieved July 11, 2022.
- EIA 24
To access additional data, including an interactive map of gas-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.