CSP steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Pecém, São Gonçalo do Amarante, Ceará, Brazil.
Operated by Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém, the CSP plant is Brazil's most modern integrated steel plant and the first in the country's Northeast region. Occupying a 571-hectare site at the Pecém Industrial and Port Complex (CIPP) in the Brazilian state of Ceará, it specializes in the production and export of high quality rolled steel products for the naval, oil & gas, automotive, and construction industries.
CSP was founded in 2008 as a joint venture between Brazilian mining and logistics company Vale (NYSE: VALE) and the South Korean companies Dongkuk Steel and Posco (NYSE: PKX). Steel production at the plant started in July 2016.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Vale 50%, Dongkuk 30%, Posco 20% 
- Owner: Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém (CSP)
- Alternative plant name: Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém
- Other language plant name: Usina Siderúrgica do Pecém (Portuguese)
- Location: Rod CE 155, Km 11.5, Pecém, São Gonçalo do Amarante, CE 62674-000, Brazil
- GPS Coordinates: -3.585917, -38.858932 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2016 (age 4–5)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2866 (BF-BOF, 2019)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: slabs, plates, rolled steel
- Steel sector end users: naval, oil and gas, automotive, construction
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: blast furnace (BF) (2016); basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (# unknown, 2016); coking plant (2016); sinter plant (2016)
- Power source: onsite 218MW gas-fired power plant
Articles and resources
- "Our History – CSP". CSP. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "CSP - Co Siderurgica do Pecem". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "CSP – Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém". CSP. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Nuevas Plantas Latinoamericanas 2013-2017" (PDF). Alacero. Retrieved September 10, 2020.
- "Exportação de placas de aço chega ao terceiro ano no Porto do Pecém - Governo do Estado do Ceará". Governo do Estado do Ceará. August 21, 2019.
- "A Siderurgia em Números 2020" (PDF). Instituto Aço Brasil. January 2020.
- "Pocket Yearbook 2020: A Siderúrgia em Números" (PDF). Instituto Aço Brasil. 2020.
- "Plants". CSP (Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém). Retrieved 2020-09-29.
- "Steel Productive Process – CSP". CSP. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Termelétrica da CSP já gerou 1.150.000 MWh – CSP". CSP. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- "Termelétrica da Siderúrgica entra em operação". Negócios - Diário do Nordeste. October 15, 2016.
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Companhia Siderúrgica do Pecém under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.