Ca Na LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
VPower LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Ninh Thuan, Vietnam.
- Owner: Novatek
- Parent company: Novatek
- Location: Ninh Thuan, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 11.337419, 108.885002 (estimate)
- Type: Import
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2024
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In April 2021, Vietnam's prime minister approved the adding of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import terminal in Ca Na LNG Power Complex. The terminal can endure loads of up to 97,000 tonnes and will directly support the first phase (1,500MW) of the LNG power complex.
By the end of 2020, Ninh Thuan People's Committee issued Decision No.2162/QD-UBND approving the project of the first phase of the Ca Na LNG power complex, with a capacity of 1,500MW implemented in Phuoc Diem commune (Thuan Nam district), with a total project investment value of more than VND49 trillion ($2.13 billion). The project includes the LNG power plant using combined-cycle gas turbines with a capacity of 1,500MW, as well as the material supply and handling system (including LNG import terminal, LNG storage, gas recycling warehouse, and gas pipeline system), the power transmission system to ensure the transmission of the entire 6,000MW generated by the LNG power complex, and the related infrastructure and technical works.
The Ca Na LNG complex will commence implementation in the third quarter of 2021, and put into operation in the third quarter of 2024.
In September 2021, the Ninh Thuan People’s Committee released a decision that it would select investors through an international investor bidding process. Five investor consortiums have been initially selected, among them Novatek, which signed an MOU with the province of Ninh Thuan in 2019 to advance an LNG project.
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 The prime minister approved the suggestion of the Ministry of Transport of adding a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import terminal in Ca Na LNG Power Complex, Vietnam Investment Review, April 6, 2021
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 NOVATEK Signed MoU with Ninh Thuan Province in Vietnam. Novatek. May 2019.
- ↑ Ninh Thuan to select investors for LNG power project via international bidding. Vietnam Investment Review. September 2021.