Cactus Cogen power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
As of November 2019, the project has not progressed in more than four years and appears to be cancelled.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Villahermosa, the state of Tabasco, Mexico.
Reports from 2014 said that Cogeneracion Cactus is to be built on a Pemex-owned gas processing facility in Tabasco, Mexico and was slated to begin operating in 2018.
- Sponsor: Mexichem Cogeneracion Cactus
- Parent company: Mexichem SAB de CV
- Location: Villahermosa, the state of Tabasco, Mexico
- Coordinates: 17.9895, -92.9475 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (cancelled): 550 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 550 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- $650m cogeneration plant for Mexican oil giant, Power Engineering International, Jul 16, 2014
- Mexichem to operate $650 mln cogeneration plant for Pemex, Reuters, Jul 15, 2014
- Pemex apunta a desprenderse de negocios secundarios en fertilizantes, etileno y cogeneración, El Economista (Mexico), Mar 3, 2016
- Pemex busca socios para plantas de cogeneración, Oil & Gas Magazine Sep 11 2015