Cactus 3 Oil Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Cactus III Oil Pipeline is a proposed oil pipeline in the Permian Basin in Texas, USA.
The pipeline would run from McCamey, Texas, USA to Gardendale, Texas, USA.
- Parent Company: Plains All American
- Capacity: 200,000-400,000 barrels per day
- Length: 431.3 kilometers / 268 miles
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year:
In July of 2018, Plains All American was considering the Cactus III, a potential project in the Permian Basin. It would involve expanding a pipeline system in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas, which is southeast of the Permian. It would run from McCamey, Texas to Gardendale, Texas running along the Cactus Oil Pipeline and Cactus 2 Pipeline routes. Cactus 3 would add 200,000-400,000 barrels of oil per day.
Articles and resources
- Plains projects this year debottleneck its Permian crude oil gathering system, Hellenic Shipping News, July 6, 2018
- Erica Jackson, National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker Alliance, February 28, 2020
- 2018 Investor Day, Plains All American, June 5, 2018