Cambodia LNG Project
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Cambodia LNG Project is a proposed LNG terminal in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Parent: Cambodia Natural Gas Corp. (CNGC)
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Coordinates: 11.5792295, 104.6099912 (approximate)
- Capacity: Phase 2: 0.55 mtpa; Phase 3: 3 mtpa
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year: Phase 2: 2021; Phase 3: 2024
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In May 2019 Cambodia Natural Gas Corp. (CNGC) received government permission to proceed with a three-phase natural gas project in Phnom Penh. In the first phase, from 2019 to 2020, CNGC plans to import LNG by containers via maritime transportation. In the second phase that is targeted to be achieved in 2021-2023, CNGC plans to construct a gas power generation facility and supply gas to the facility using a chartered floating storage and regasification unit (FSRU) with 0.55 mtpa capacity. In the third phase CNGC aims to construct an import terminal with 3 mtpa capacity in 2024-2029.
Articles and resources
- LNG project commences in Cambodia, importing cargoes in containers for the time being, Rim Intelligence, May 31, 2019