Camden May Power Plant
Camden May Power Plant is a 30 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station owned and operated by Invista near Lugoff, South Carolina. The plant produces power for Invista's Camden May polymers manufacturing plant - which was owned by DuPont until 2004, when Invista separated from DuPont. Invista is a subsidiary of Koch Industries.
- Owner/Parent Company: Invista
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 30.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 5.5 MW (1952), 5.5 MW (1952), 19.0 MW (1993)
- Location: 643 Hwy. 1 South, Lugoff, SC 29078
- GPS Coordinates: 34.233556, -80.655244
- Electricity Production: 133,085 MWh (2006)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 219,526 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- U.S. Energy Information Administration, "GeneratorY09", Form EIA-860 Annual Electric Generator Report, U.S. Department of Energy, 2009. (This is a spreadsheet within a zipped data file).
- May Plant in Camden, South Carolina, DuPont website, accessed April 2009.
- Koch Industries, "Polymers and Fibers", Koch Industries website, accessed April 2011.
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|