Cardinal power station
|Part of the |
Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Cardinal power station is an operating power station of at least 156-megawatts (MW) in Cardinal, Ontario, Canada.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Cardinal power station||Cardinal, Ontario, Canada||44.7846, -75.3779 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 1: 44.78465, -75.37792
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||CHP||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 1||operating||gas||156 MW||combined cycle||yes||-||-|
CHP is an abbreviation for Combined Heat and Power. It is a technology that produces electricity and thermal energy at high efficiencies. Coal units track this information in the Captive Use section when known.
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 1||Capstone Infrastruction Corp||Capstone Infrastruction Corp|
Project-level captive use details
- Captive industry use (heat or power): Heat and power
- Captive industry: Other
- Captive non-industry use (heat or power): Power
Articles and Resources
- "PowerPlantsAllGE100MW_NorthAmerica_201708.xlsx". North American Cooperation on Energy Information (NACEI). August 1, 2017. Archived from the original on May 14, 2021. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- "Power Portfolio". www.capstoneinfrastructure.com. Archived from the original on June 3, 2021. Retrieved January 29, 2022.
- "www.capstoneinfrastructure.com/Capstone/Assets/Documents/Downloads/InvestorBriefcase/FactSheets/2015/capstone%20GAS%20cogeneration%20FACT%20SHEET%200315.pdf" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on January 19, 2022. Retrieved July 11, 2022.
To access additional data, including an interactive map of gas-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Oil and Gas Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.