Carrasco power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Carrasco power station (Termoeléctrica Carrasco) is a gas-fired power station in Cochabamba department, Bolivia.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Entre Ríos, Cochabamba department, Bolivia.
- Sponsor: Empresa Eléctrica Valle Hermoso SA
- Parent company: ENDE (Empresa Nacional de Electricidad)
- Location: Entre Ríos, Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Coordinates: -17.2125, -64.5275 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating):
- Gross generating capacity (proposed):
- Unit ST: Steam turbine, 52 MW (start-up date unknown)
The Carrasco power station has three gas-fired units: units CAR01 and CAR02 each have capacities of 62.50 MW, while unit CAR03 has a capacity of 27.60 MW. Unit CAR03 is not included in GEM's Global Gas Plant Tracker due to the tracker's minimum capacity requirement of 50 MW.
Bolivia's national electricity agency ENDE has proposed the the addition of a steam turbine at the Carrasco power station to create a combined cycle plant. However, financing for the project remains uncertain, and no timeline has been established for the proposed conversion.
Articles and Resources
- "Perfil de la Empresa". Evh. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Inicio". Evh. Archived from the original on April 25, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- Global Energy Observatory ID DB0044736, accessed May 2021
- "Central Termoeléctrica Carrasco". Evh. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Características Técnicas - Central Termoeléctrica Carrasco" (PDF). ENDE Valle Hermoso. Retrieved 2022-11-01.
- "Carrasco OCGT Power Plant Bolivia". Global Energy Observatory. Archived from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Proyectos ENDE | Ciclo Combinado CAR1 Y CAR2". ENDE Corporación. Retrieved 2022-03-29.
- "Methodology - Global Gas Plant Tracker". Global Energy Monitor. Retrieved 2022-11-01.