Carrington power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Carrington power station is a 910-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Lancashire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Carrington, Lancashire County, United Kingdom.
In 2021 the project applied for 910 MW existing generation (units 1 and 2) in the T-4 Capacity Market 2024-2025 auction, and they were listed in the final results. This would qualify them for government subsidies to guarantee electricity supply.
- Sponsor: Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
- Parent company: Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
- Location: Carrington, Lancashire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.4377, -2.4101 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 910 MW
Articles and Resources
- T4 DY2024-25 Final Results, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Mar 22, 2021
- Capacity Market Register 2024-25 (T-4) - 13_04_2021, Electricity Market Reform Delivery Body, Apr 13, 2021
- Capacity Market, United Kingdom, Mar 1, 2019
- Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES) United Kingdom Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (July 29, 2021). "Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES): electricity". Gov.uk. Retrieved November 16, 2021.
- "Carrington Power Station" (PDF). Electricity Supply Board (ESB). Retrieved November 15, 2021.
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 635400UFHDIQCDZ6JK11 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Global Power Plant Database v.1.2.0, ID GBR2000124 World Resources Institute, June 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 48W000000CARR-1I accessed October 2021
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 48W000000CARR-2G accessed October 2021