Cat Hai FSRU
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The terminal is proposed to be located in North, Hai Phong, Vietnam.
- Owner: ExxonMobil, JERA, Hai Phong People’s Committee
- Parent company: ExxonMobil, JERA, Government of Hai Phong
- Location: North, Hai Phong, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 20.866225, 106.678881 (approximate)
- Capacity: 1-3 mtpa
- Status: Shelved
- Start year: 2030
ExxonMobil, Hai Phong People’s Committee and Japan power generation company JERA have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to work together on a potential integrated LNG to Power project in Hai Phong in 2020.
As of July 2023, there are no updates on the project and the project is not included in the Power Development Plan 8. The terminal is presumed to be shelved.
Articles and Resources
- Vietnam ramps up plans for LNG import terminals, power plants Energy World, September 9, 2020
- LNG IN VIETNAM'S POWER SECTOR [NGW MAGAZINE]. Natural Gas World. January 29, 2021.
- Integrated LNG to Power Project in Vietnam. ExxonMobil LNG. Accessed July 2022.
- Emerging LNG Demand. The Oxford Institute for Energy Studies. September 2020.
- "Vietnam's New Power Plan Offers Cautious Support for LNG". Energy Intelligence. 2023-06-13. Retrieved 2023-07-17.