Cedar Grove 2 Mine
|This article is part of the |
Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.
Cedar Grove 2 Mine is an underground mine in Holden, Logan County, West Virginia. The mine is in vicinity of the now closed Cedar Grove 1 Mine. 
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Aracoma Coal Company, LLC operates the mine, which is owned by Alpha Metallurgical Resources. Production at the mine started in 2014, the year when operations were stopped at the Cedar Grove no 1 mine.
In 2020, the mine produced 0.4 million tons and had 74 employees.
- MSHA id: 4609361
- Operator: Aracoma Coal Company LLC
- Location: Holden, Logan County, West Virginia
- Coordinates: 37.804234, -82.084989 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 444,778 tonnes per annum (2020)
- Total Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2014
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- U.S. department of labor, MSHA, Mine Data Retrieval System, accessed June 29, 2021