Centauri-1 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Centauri-1 power station is a proposed 168-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant about 8 km east of the Dongara Township in the state of Western Australia, Australia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Dongara, the state of Western Australia, Australia.
In 2011, Eneabba Gas Ltd reported they had all the approvals needed, but were in need of a transmission line to proceed. Eneabba Gas Ltd say on their website: "The Company is considering development options including searching for a funding partner," but haven't posted an annual report since 2016. The project has been shelved.
- Sponsor: Eneabba Gas Ltd.
- Parent company: Eneabba Gas Ltd.
- Location: Shire of Irwin, the state of Western Australia, Australia
- Coordinates: -29.269059, 115.022502 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (shelved): 168 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-4: 42 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Centauri 1 Power Station, Eneabba Gas Limited website, accessed Nov 14, 2019.
- Regulatory Testfor Western Power's Mid-West Energy Project (Southern Section), Marsden Jacob Associates, Western Australia Economic Regulatory Authority website, accessed Nov 14, 2019.
- Welcome to Eneabba Gas Limited, Eneabbas Gas website, accessed Nov 14, 2019.
- Annual Reports, Eneabbas Gas website, accessed Nov 14, 2019.
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)