Central Java FSRU Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Central Java FSRU Terminal is a proposed LNG terminal in Central Java, Indonesia.
- Parent: Pertamina
- Location: Cilicap, Central Java, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -7.733333, 109 (approximate)
- Capacity: 1.4 mtpa, 0.2 bcfd
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
PT Pertamina has opened tenders for a third FSRU-based terminal in Indonesia to import up to 1.6 mtpa via Cilacap in Central Java, Central Java FSRU. The Central Java FSRU will be a 25-year build, own, operate, transfer (BOOT) contract. Pertamina is asking bidders to explain where and how they would source the LNG and to supply the vessel for the project. In August 2019 Pertamina stated that the FSRU's capacity would be 200 million cubic feet per day or approxiimately 1.4 million tonnes per annum.
Articles and resources
- Karen Thomas, "Small-scale LNG supplement: Indonesia - big plans for small-scale LNG," LNG World Shipping, 25 Apr 2016
- Indonesia natural gas exports set to slump to 2-decade low in 2019, S&P Platts Global, Aug. 6, 2019