Changcheng No.3 coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Changcheng No.3 coal mine (鄂托克前旗长城三号矿业有限公司长城三号煤矿), also known as "Shazhangtu coal mine", the construction site is located in Otog Front Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, and the designed production capacity is 5 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Shanghai Temple Industrial Park, Otog Front Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
Coal Mine Background
On July 1, 2019, the National Development and Reform Commission agreed to approve the construction of the Changcheng No. 3 coal mine project in the Shanghai Miao mining area in Inner Mongolia, with an approved production capacity of 5 million tons/year. This project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval
- Sponsor: Otog Front Banner Changcheng No.3 Mining Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Shandong Energy Group Co., Ltd. (43.33%), State Grid Co., Ltd. (10.43%), China Huadian Group Co., Ltd. (16.39%), others (29.85%)
- Location: Shanghai Temple Industrial Park, Otog Front Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 38.369137,106.57545(exact)
- Status: Proposed 
- Production Capacity: 5 Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 800-899
- Coal Field: Shanghaimiao Coal Field
- Total Resource: 683Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 421Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (1/3 coking coal)
- Mine Size: 49.87k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: