Changtu Agricultural Demonstration Zone Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Changtu Agricultural Demonstration Zone Cogen power station (昌图农业示范区热电联产) is a proposed 35-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station that is in pre-permit development in Changtu, Tieling, Liaoning Province, China.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Changtu, Tieling, Liaoning Province, China.
The Changtu Agricultural Demonstration Zone Cogen power station project was announced in 2020 by the Changtu Guohua Cogen Power Company and will provide industrial steam to a fuel ethanol project in Changtu that produces 300,000 tons of fuel ethanol per year, with excess power being provided to the agricultural zone in Changtu, Tieling.
In April 2021, the Ministry of Environment and Ecology (as well as Xinhua News) reported that the Changtu Agricultural Demonstration Zone Cogen power station project had not gone through the proper procedures for energy conservation reviews, nor had it obtained administrative permits such as environmental impact assessment and construction permits. In order to speed up the construction of the project, the Changtu County Government held a special office meeting of the county mayor in December 2020 to determine that the project can first carry out work such as leveling the site and pile foundation construction without obtaining the relevant approval procedures before the start of construction, and the competent department did not impose penalties on project construction. The project started construction on January 10, 2021, and an investment of 20 million yuan has been completed. According to the MEE, the local authorities did not promptly penalize its illegal activities. The Xinhua News article continues to list several other thermal projects in Liaoning that have begun construction without receiving the relevant permissions.
- Sponsor: Changtu Guohua Cogen Power Company 国华热电（昌图）有限公司
- Parent company: Tianjin Shanghua New Energy Company
- Location: Changtu, Tieling, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 42.7603, 124.0729 (approx.)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source: Unknown
- Gross generating capacity (pre-permit development): 35 MW
- Unit 5: Coal-fired (unknown combustion technology), 35 MW (start-up year not available)
Articles and Resources
- "昌图县举办铁岭市2020年重大项目集中开(复)工暨昌图县现代农业高新技术产业示范区热电联产项目奠基仪式". Tieling Government. 2020-04-30. Retrieved 2021-07-30.
- "辽宁一些地方项目管控不到位能耗"双控"面临较大压力_中华人民共和国生态环境部". Ministry of Environment and Ecology. 2021-04-28. Retrieved 2021-07-30.
- "聚焦中央生态环保督察｜37个项目未取得节能审查就上马！辽宁被批高耗能、高排放项目管控不力". xinhua-rss.zhongguowangshi.com. 2021-04-28. Retrieved 2021-07-30.