Changxing Island desalination power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Changxing Island power station (长兴岛热电水联产项目), also known as the Dalian Nishinakajima power station, (大连西中岛热电水联产发电站) is a proposed 150-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant would be built, in Dalian, Changxing Island Economic Zone Xizhong Island Petrochemical Industrial Park (大连长兴岛经济区西中岛石化产业园区).
Background on Plant
Dalian Nishinakajima Energy Limited has proposed a 3 x 50 MW coal power station to support a desalination water plant in Changxing Island.
In January 2020, the sponsor company of the power project, Dalian Xizhong Island Power Service Company, released its Environmental Impact Assessment for the plant, signaling its revival.
- Sponsor: Dalian Xizhong Island Power Service Company 大连西中岛动力服务有限公司
- Parent: Dalian Changxing Island Economic Zone Management Commission 大连长兴岛经济区管理委员会 (95.00%); Dalian Xizhong Island Public Utilities Management Company 大连西中岛公共设施管理有限公司 (5%)
- Location: Changxing Island, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.448921, 121.290447 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 150 MW (Units 1-3: 50 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: