Chaohua Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Chaohua Coal Mine belongs to Zhengzhou Coal and Electricity Co., Ltd. Construction started in 1983 and put into production at the end of 1993, with a designed production capacity of 0.9 million tons per year. In March 2005, the mine was identified as a coal and gas outburst mine. The approved production capacity in 2019 is 1.2 million tons per year.
At 18:59 on June 4, 2020, an electrical and mechanical accident occurred in Chaohua Coal Mine, and one person was killed.
- Operator: ZZhengzhou Coal and Electricity Co., Ltd. Chaohua Coal Mine
- Owner: Zhengzhou Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: Fanzhai Village, Chaohua Town, Xinmi City, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province
- GPS Coordinates: 34.449797, 113.412928
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 29.78 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 3.78 million tonne
- Coal Type: Meagar Coal (Thermal)
- Mine Size: 10.058 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:' 1993