Chaohua Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Chaohua Coal Mine belongs to Zhengzhou Coal and Electricity Co., Ltd. It started construction in 1983 and was put into production at the end of 1993, with a 0.9 million tons/year design production capacity. In March 2005, the mine was identified as a coal and gas outburst mine. The approved production capacity in 2019 was 1.2 million tons/year.
At 18:59 on June 4, 2020, an electromechanical accident occurred in Chaohua Coal Mine, and one person died.
- Operator: ZZhengzhou Coal and Electricity Co., Ltd. Chaohua Coal Mine
- Owner: Zhengzhou Coal Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: Fanzhai Village, Chaohua Town, Xinmi City, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province
- GPS Coordinates: 34.449797, 113.412928
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum 
- Total Resource: 29.78 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 3.78 million tonne
- Coal Type: Meagar Coal (Thermal)
- Mine Size: 10.058 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1993