In 2001, CME North America Merchant Energy proposed a 1000 MW conventional coal plant to be built in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The project was cancelled in September 2006.
Sponsor: CME North America
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Capacity: 1000 MW
Projected in service: 2007
Status: Cancelled (9/06)
- CME North America website, accessed January 2008.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Tennessee and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)