Cheswick Power Station
From Global Energy Monitor
Cheswick Power Station is a 637.0-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station near Springdale, Pennsylvania.
- Owner: GenOn Energy 
- Parent Company: GenOn Holdings
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 637.0 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: Unit 1: 637.0 MW (1970)
- Location: 411 Pittsburg St., Springdale, PA 15144
- GPS Coordinates: 40.538333, -79.789722
- Technology: Subcritical
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source: Tunnel Ridge Mine (Alliance), Shoemaker Mine (Murray) 
- Number of Employees:
- Unit Retirements:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 2,818,931 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions: 32,373 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions: 4,221 tons
- 2005 Mercury Emissions: 180 lb.
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.