Chifeng Economic Development Zone Captive Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chifeng Economic Development Zone Captive Cogen power station (赤峰经济开发区自备热电联产项目) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Yuanbaoshan Town.
Background on Plant
Chifeng Economic Development Zone Cogen power station is a proposed captive 2 x 350 MW supercritical coal plant in Yuanbaoshan Town. It was permitted in December 2016. Construction began in April 2017. Planet satellite images from July 2017 to May 2018 show construction has been rapid, with operation planned for 2018.
- Sponsor: Chifeng Shengtai Asset Operating Co & Chifeng Urban Construction Investment (Group)
- Parent company: China Nonferrous Metal Industry & Chifeng Urban Construction Investment (Group)
- Location: Yuanbaoshan Town, Yuanbaoshan District, Chifeng Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 42.273665, 119.144232 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2018
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: