Chillicothe Paper Power Plant
Chillicothe Paper Power Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Ph Glatfelter Co. that provides power to the Chillicothe paper mill. The plant was originally owned by NewPage, and was sold to Glatfelter in 2006.
The three oldest coal-burning units have been retired. Only one 27.2 MW unit, built in 1978, is still operating.
- Owner: Ph Glatfelter Co
- Parent Company: Ph Glatfelter Co
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 92.8 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 10.6 MW (1952), 24.0 MW (1958), 31.0 MW (1967), 27.2 MW (1978)
- Location: 1101 River Rd., Chillicothe, OH 45601
- GPS Coordinates: 39.321962, -82.974708
- Electricity Production: 535,411 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 702,720 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions:
- SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- NOx Emissions:
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Cogliano, Joe (7 January 2015). "Verso completes $1.4 billion purchase of Newpage". Dayton Business Journal. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- Form EIA-860 Data - Schedule 3, 'Generator Data' US EIA, 2014
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|