Chilwavhusiku coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Chilwavhusiku Coal Mine is a UNDERGROUND mine in Bronkhorstspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The map below shows the EXACT location of the mine.
Black Royalty Minerals operates the mine, which is owned by Makole Group.  The mine currently has a workforce of 350 people.  The primary consumer of coal from the min is Kusile Power Station, owned by Eskom.
- Operator: Black Royalty Mining 
- Owner: Makole Group 
- Location: Bronkhorstspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa 
- Coordinates: -25.790623, 28.799088 (Exact or Approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 2.5 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) 
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: BITUMINOUS(Thermal)
- Mine Type: SURFACE
- Start Year: 2018 
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Makole Group, "Black Royalty Minerals", Makole Group website, Accessed March 2021
- Black Royalty Minerals, "Operations", Black Royalty Minerals website, Accessed March 2021
- Polity, "Latest Decisions by the Competition Commission", Polity website, Accessed March 2021
- IHS Markit, "Southern African Coal Report", OPIS website, Accessed March 2021