Chinalco Qingyang Zhengning Luochuan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chinalco Qingyang Zhengning Luochuan power station (中铝庆阳罗川发电项目) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Luochuan Xiang, Zhengning County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Qingyang Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Project
In 2010, the CHALCO was negotiating an coal-aluminum-electricity integrity project with Qingyang city government. An agreement was made that year to develop a 2*600MW coal power plant in Luochuan township along with a coal mine with 5 million tons output per year, and a half million tons of electrolytic aluminum production per year.  However, there is no further news since then. The project may have been cancelled.
- Sponsor: Aluminum Company of China
- Parent company: CHALCO
- Location: Luochuan Xiang, Zhengning County, Qingyang Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.322752, 108.215256 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "中铝又一大战略投资规划即将布局甘肃"中国有色网, 2010-02-02