Chinook Swift power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station 11 km northwest of Swift Current, the province of Saskatchewan, Canada.
A combined cycle power plant, Chinook Swift has "a Siemens SGT6-5000F gas turbine generator, a Siemens SST6-900 steam turbine generator, and a heat recovery steam generator (HRSG). The HRSG will be a horizontal, natural circulation, three-pressure, reheat-type generator."
SaskPower reported in August 2019 that the plant was near completion: "We've fired up the Gas Turbine for the first time and synchronized it to grid. Steam blows were done with gas turbine output between 20MW and 45MW."
- Sponsor: SaskPower
- Parent company: Government of Saskatchewan
- Location: 11 km northwest of Swift Current, the province of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Coordinates: 50.34525, -107.93729 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 350 MW
Articles and Resources
- Chinook Power Station, Saskatchewan, Power Technology, accessed Nov. 21, 2019
- Chinook Power Station, Sask Power, accessed May 2020
- Chinook Power Station, SaskPower website, accessed Nov. 21, 2019
- SaskPower, Wikipedia, accessed May 2020
- Chinook Power Station, Google Maps, accessed May 2020
- SaskPower, BurnsMac complete 353-MW Chinook station $75M under budget, Power Engineering, December 9, 2019