Chittagong power station (Orion)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Bangladesh and coal|
The Chittagong power station (Orion) was a proposed 282.67 megawatt (MW) coal-fired in Chittagong city, Chittagong Bangladesh. The project has been merged into Orion's Khulna power station (Orion).
The map below shows the location of Chittagong city, Bangladesh, but not the exact location of the proposed Chittagong power station (Orion).
In June 2012 the Bangladesh Power Development Board signed three agreements with Orion Power to set up three private coal-fired power plants in Khulna, Chittagong and Mawa, Bangladesh totaling 1,200 megawatt capacity. It was reported the Chittagong power station (Orion) would have a generating capacity of 282.67 MW.
- Sponsor: Orion Group
- Parent company:
- Location: Chittagong city, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 22.3242, 91.8622 (approximate)
- Status: merged with Khulna power station (Orion)
- Gross Capacity: 282.67 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Orion Group Bangladesh’s first private firm to build coal power plant" OpenBlogBD.com, June 27, 2012.
- "Orion to build 3 power plants" The Daily Star, June 28, 2012.
- "Orion yet to finish finance for 1117MW powerprojects," New Age, April 7, 2013