Chizhou Jiuhua power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chizhou Jiuhua power station (神皖池州九华发电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China. An additional 1,320 MW is proposed at the site.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Jiangkou Village (Jiangkoucun), in Guichi District, Chizhou Prefecture, Anhui Province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Shenhua proposed to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. A preliminary feasibility report for the project, prepared by Anhui Electric Power Design Institute, was approved in December 2013.
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, most further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
However, in December 2016 Shenhua Group said preliminary work on the Chizhou Jiuhua project was ongoing and land acquisition was complete. The company appeared to be pursuing the plant despite central government restrictions on new coal plants. The plant was reported as 2 x 660 MW, and sponsored by Anhui Chizhou Jiuhua Power Generation Co., which is owned by Shenhua Group and Wenergy Group.
As of December 2020 there had been no further developments on the project, so the expansion appeared to be cancelled.
However, one unit was listed in the 14th Five-Year Plan.
In May 2022, both units received permits. 
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Owner: Guoneng Shenwan Chizhou Power Generation Co., Ltd. 国能神皖池州发电有限责任公司
- Parent: Shenwan Energy Co., Ltd. (GD Power Development Co.,Ltd. 51%; AN HUI WENERGY COMPANY LIMITED 49%)
- Location: Jiangkou Village, Guichi District, Chizhou Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.7531097, 117.5906618 (exact)
- Status: Units 1-2: Operating, Units 3-4: Permitted
- Gross capacity: 1,920 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW, Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Units 1-2: Subcritical, Units 3-4: Ultra-Supercritical
- In service: Units 1-2: 2005, Unit 3: 2023
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Chizhou Power Station, Wikimapia, accessed Nov. 2014.
- Chizhou Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Nov. 2014.
- "神皖池州2×1000MW扩建工程初可研过审,", 中国能源报, 2013-12-23.
- Preliminary Feasibility Study for Shenwan Energy's Chizhou Expansion Project Passes Examination, Industrial Info Resources, Dec. 20, 2013.
- "[安徽安徽池州九华发电有限公司2017校园招聘,"] 2016-12-19
- "安徽省国民经济和社会发展第十四个五年规划和 2035 年远景目标纲要（第一部分/共三部分）," 2021
- 国能神皖池州电厂二期扩建工程项目核准前公示, power.in-en, 2022-03-30
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "国能神皖池州发电有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- "神皖能源有限责任公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- 安徽池州九华电厂二期（660MW）力争2021年上半年开工建设, BJX, 2020-12-01