Chongqing Baihe power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chongqing Baihe power station (重庆白鹤发电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Chongqing Municipality, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Baihe village, Kai County, Chongqing Municipality.
Background on Plant
Chongqing Baihe power station was a four-unit coal-fired power plant. Units 1-2 totaling 100 MW were commissioned in 1992 and have been retired. Units 3-4, totaling 600 MW, were commissioned in 2005-2006. The plant was originally owned by CPIC.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation or SPIC (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
The power station's sponsor, SPIC Chongqing Baihe Power Generation Co., Ltd. (国家电投集团重庆白鹤电力有限公司), is owned by State Power Investment Group Chongqing Electric Power Co., Ltd. (国家电投集团重庆电力有限公司, owned by SPIC) (45%), Chongqing Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd. (重庆市能源投资集团有限公司) (30.1786%), Chongqing Zhongyuan Coal Industry Co., Ltd. (重庆市中源煤业（集团）有限公司) (15%), and PowerChina Chongqing Engineering Corporation Limited (中国电建集团重庆工程有限公司, owned by PowerChina) (9.8214%).
- Sponsor: SPIC Chongqing Baihe Power Generation Co., Ltd. (国家电投集团重庆白鹤电力有限公司)
- Parent: State Power Investment Corporation (45%), Chongqing Energy Investment Group (30.18%), Chongqing Zhongyuan Coal Industry (15%), PowerChina (9.82%)
- Location: Baihe village, Kai County, Chongqing Municipality, China
- Coordinates: 31.269167, 108.456944 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-2); Operating (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 50 MW; Units 3 & 4: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1992 (Units 1 & 2); 2005-06 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: