Chongqing Nine Dragons Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chongqing Nine Dragons Cogen power station (玖龙纸业重庆热电) is a 250-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Chongqing DC Municipality, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Luohuang, Jiangjin District.
Background on Plant
Chongqing Nine Dragons Cogen power station is a three-unit 145 MW coal plant in Luohuang, owned by Nine Dragons Paper Holdings. Units 1-2 were built in 2008, and unit 3 in 2014. It is a cogen captive power station supplying heat and power to Nine Dragons Chongqing Paper Mill. 
Description of Expansion
An additional fourth unit of 105 MW is proposed and seeking permitting.
It was commissioned in 2018.
- Sponsor: Chongqing Nine Dragons Paper Co
- Parent company: Nine Dragons Paper Holdings
- Location: Luohuang, Jiangjin District, Chongqing Municipality, China
- Coordinates: 29.291766, 106.396842 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 250 MW (Units 1-2: 60 MW, Unit 3: 25 MW, Unit 4: 105 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2008 (Units 1-2), 2014 (Unit 3), 2018 (Unit 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: