Chongqing Qineng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chongqing Qineng power station (重庆旗能电铝公司自备电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Chongqing Municipality, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Qijiang District.
Background on Plant
Chongqing Qineng power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Chongqing Municipality. The plant was completed in 2013, and is owned by Chongqing Energy Investment Group.It is a captive Cogen power plant of Chongqing Qineng Electricity and Aluminum Co, Ltd.. According to the company' s plan, the second phase of the Aluminum Project would start development at 2016, with an additional 700MW of captive power capacity.  There is no progress could be found except the company' s personnel recruitment ads.
- Sponsor: Chongqing Qineng Electricity&Aluminum Co., Ltd. 重庆旗能电铝有限公司
- Owner: Chongqing Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd. 98.6331%; Chongqing Mechanical and Electrical Holding Group Xinbo Investment Management Co., Ltd. 重庆机电控股集团信博投资管理有限公司 1.3669%.
- Parent company: Chongqing Energy Investment Group
- Location: Beiduchang, Guanba Town, Qijiang District, Chongqing Municipality, China
- Coordinates: 29.004279, 106.568812 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2013
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: