Chuangyuan Smelter power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Chuangyuan Smelter power station (创新集团霍林郭勒创源金属自备电厂) is a 1,980-megawatt (MW) captive coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Holingol County.
Background on Project
In 2013 Inner Mongolia Chuangyuan Metal Co. began preparatory work on a subcritical 6 x 330 MW captive power station at the Holingol aluminum industrial zone. The aluminum plant was commissioned in 2017.
July 2017: Units 4-6 halted by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Planet Labs satellite photos show construction continued on units 4-6 immediately after the July and September 2017 suspension, and has continued through July 2018.
2019-2020: Plant commissioned
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Chuangyuan Metal Company
- Parent company: Shandong Chuangxin Group
- Location: Zhahanur, Holingol County, Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 45.437275, 119.427496 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,980 MW (Units 1-6: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2019 (Units 1-3), 2020 (Units 4-6)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "湖北宏源EPC总承包的内蒙古创源3*330MW自备电厂开工 [复制链接,"] 2013-8-12
- "吉林院签订内蒙古创源自备电厂设计合同," 2013.07.18
- "内蒙古创源金属煤电铝硅一体化项目一期顺利投产," 中铝网|, 2017-03-01
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "湖北工程内蒙创源项目两台机组顺利移交投产," 湖北工程公司, 2019-01-21
- "创源金属年产80万吨电解铝项目一期一系列40万吨项目建设进展顺利," sina, 2020年08月12日