Clifford coal project
From Global Energy Monitor
The image below shows the exact location of the proposed mine.
Coal Mine Background
- Parent Company: Stanmore Coal
- Location: North west of Wandoan
- GPS Coordinates: -25.751850, 149.662081 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Production Capacity: 5 mtpa
- Total Resource: 620 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Thermal
- Mine Size: 820km2
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: Funding is from partner Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corp
Articles and resources
- Stanmore Coal, "Clifford Project Overview", Stanmore Coal website, accessed 7 January 2020.
- Mine Listings, "Clifford Project coal resource jumps 67%", Minelistings.com website, 31 May 2016.
- Future Seas, "Stanmore Coal increase of Clifford Project resource", Future Seas website, 30 January 2016.