Cluster No. 11 (BCCL)
Cluster 11 (BCCL) is a group of eight underground and opencast coal mines operated by Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a combined capacity of 5 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
The operating mines include: Gopalichak, Kachi Balihari 10/12 pit, PB Project, Bhagabadh, Kenduadih, and Moonidih. The mines Pootkee and Kachi Balihari 5/6 pit are currently closed.
The map below shows the approximate location of the Cluster 11 coal mines, in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.760309, 86.406811 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: Gopalichak (0.5 MTPA), Kachi Balihari 10/12 pit (0.09 MTPA), PB Project. (0.8 MTPA), Bhagabadh (0.08 MTPA), Kenduadih (0.2 MTPA), Pootkee (0 MTPA), Kachi Balihari 5/6 pit (0 MTPA), Moonidih (4 MTPA)
- Reserves: 491.997 Mt Total. Gopalichak (13.83 MT), Kachi Balihari 10/12 pit (1.8 MT), PB Project. (32.227 MT), Bhagabadh (0.6 MT), Kenduadih (124.07 MT), Pootkee (83.05 MT), Kachi Balihari 5/6 pit (83.67 MT), Moonidih (152.75 MT)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: underground and opencast
Articles and resources
- Central Mine Planning & Design Institute, Form -I of Cluster XI of BCCL Mines, August 2017.